Monday, January 18, 2010

What a difference 20 degrees makes!


It was a beautiful day in Northern New Jersey today, a good 20 degrees warmer than we've had for a while. The outside temperature gauge in my MINI-E actually read 55 for a while. I don't know how accurate it is, but it sure felt nice out. The MINI-E batteries liked the warm weather also. My range shot back up to heights I haven't seen in months. I drove 79 miles and still had 12% charge remaining, which would be good for at least another 10 to 15 miles. I haven't gotten over 90 miles on a single charge since November as I have been averaging in the mid-seventies to mid-eighties per charge lately. I believe the biggest difference is that I didn't use the heater at all and that's probably the main culprit with the range reduction in the cold weather, more-so than the temperature drop itself. Well, we're only a couple months away from spring and I'm looking forward to my range going up just like the temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment