Sunday, May 2, 2010

One Month of Charging on Sun Power

It's been one month since I had my 8.8kwh solar PV system installed on my roof and #250 has been "filling up" on electricity that I produce myself now. My system produced about 1,200kwh of electricity this month. I figure the MINI-E used about 500kwh and the rest will lower my home electric bill substantially. I may not even have to pay anything. It's the first time I actually wanted to get my electric bill! I'm curious to see what my usage is with the net metering figured in. Clean, renewable energy used to power an automobile! It makes even more sense to me now when I read the news about the catastrophic oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico spewing over 200,000 gallons of crude oil every day into the ocean with no end in sight. What do the oil apologists have to say now? Still complaining about the "long tailpipe" of EV's? Didn't think so. More on the Louisiana disaster in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment