Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MINI-E: Errand Boy


I spend a lot of time talking about how the MINI-E is a very capable commuter car. Primarily because most of the driving I do is commuting, but also because many perceive EV's as city-only cars and not really capable of long, highway speed driving. Today's electric cars are very capable of highway driving and since I do a lot of it, I want to make sure everyone that reads this blog knows.

But that doesn't mean the car isn't also great for scooting around town and running errands. Yesterday was just that kind of day. I had a million things to do and a million different places to go. I had to go to Town Hall to pick up a permit, I had to go the the bank, to Costco, to A&P, to Rite Aid, to the Post Office, to the Home Depot plus a few other stops along the way.

By the end of the afternoon I made about ten destinations, drove 65 miles and still had 49 miles of estimated range left. The MINI-E is really a great little car for a lot of reasons, but zipping around town at low speeds like I did yesterday really reminds me how versatile the car can be. I even had plenty of room to load an over-sized Costco shopping cart full of stuff in the back with plenty of room to spare.

I'm closing in on one year with the car now, and I have to say it's been everything I could have expected it to be and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment