Thursday, July 21, 2011

Little Bump in the Road

I have been blogging here about my experiences with my MINI-E for two years now and I have tried to post frequently so there is always something new to read about when people check back ever few days or so.

I apologize that I have been MIA for a few weeks now but I've been a bit distracted. On Tuesday, July 5th, there was a fire at my restaurant, Nauna's Bella Casa in Montclair. It seems that a roof fan somehow caught on fire and a good section of the roof was damaged. The Montclair Police & Fire departments did a fantastic job and saved the building and made sure nobody got hurt, which is obviously the most important thing. However, I have now been left with the task of rebuilding, which in itself isn't that difficult, but when you need to deal with the fire investigators, get permits & inspections for all the different trades doing work, plus get every little thing approved by the insurance company, it becomes a really big job.

Plus, I have 40 employees that are out of work and without pay so I'm working tirelessly to get reopened as soon as possible and get them all back to work. I do have insurance that will pay a portion of their salaries, but we'll probably be reopened before they see any checks with how slow the insurance company works.

Anyway, sorry for no new MINI-E posts, I'll be back as soon as I have the time to put something together. I'm still driving #250 every day and it's still going strong. Have a nice summer everyone, I'll be back to blogging soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment