Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On The Road Again!

 
#250 is back in action! I got the call from Vinny at Morristown MINI this morning that the car was was fixed and had been towed back from the secret MINI-E repair facility at an undisclosed location. (BMW headquarters in Woodcliff Lake, NJ but don't tell anyone) Evidently I did quite a bit of damage when I hit the pot hole, (my bad!) but hey, that's what we're here for right? Anyway, the service tag said they "changed engine, did all high voltage and ground tests and changed battery system" Sounds like a lot of changing went on in there, but as long as it's good to go I'm happy. While the car was there they did another regular service on the car. We were told in the beginning that we would have to bring the car in for service twice during the year so they could download data from the car. If we drove a lot then we would probably have to come in three times because the car can only hold data from about 5,000 miles. This is my fourth service download and I still have almost four months to go. I don't think the folks at BMW thought anyone would put so many miles on the car, but I and others are doing just that. Vinny said the Flying doctors (the tech's that repair the MINI-E's) were "ecstatic" that I'm putting as many miles on the car as I am. I guess it gives them more data to analyze. That's it for now, I gotta go make more data : )

No comments:

Post a Comment